April 2014 News
Posted on Monday March 24, 2014 at 12:26PM
Spring Break Hours:
The Wandering River Library will be closed Monday, March 31 and Tuesday, April 1 due to Spring Break.
We will also be closed Monday, April 21 for Easter. Hopefully the weather warms up for Spring Break.
Library Board Looking For A Few ``More`` Good People:
Our Library Board is looking to add a few more interested individuals to sit on our advisory committee. We are currently short a treasurer and could use two or three more directors. We meet four times a year for meetings that rarely last more than 60 minutes. We also host one supper meeting with the Athabasca County Board, so you walk away well fed and informed. The time commitment is minimal.
Our next meeting date is tentatively scheduled for April 15, 2014.
If you are be interested in joining or just wish to sit in on a meeting, contact Jennifer at 780 623 0409 for more information.
Many thanks go out to all the community members who have been donating their gently used books to our library. If you are thinking of doing the same, then please keep the following in mind.
We will gladly accept your donations if:
1. It is in excellent or gently used condition (cover intact, no page tears, no staining).
2. It contains accurate information (pertaining to reference or non-fiction books).
If we already own a copy of the book, we will keep the better of the two and either sell or donate the other.
Some new adult non-fiction titles that are gracing our shelves are:
• Small Move, Big Change by Caroline Arnold
• Tales From Beyond the Tap by Randy Bachman
• Invent It, Sell It, Bank It by Lori Greiner
• Other Hood by Melanie Notkin
• Three Days in Nepal by JeanDavid Blanc
• Outsmart Waste by Tom Szaky
• Money Rules by Gail Vaz-Ozlade
• Happy, Happy, Happy by Duck Commander Phil Robertson
Remember, the easiest way to raise a reader is to be caught reading by your children.
“Any book that helps a child to form a habit of reading, to make reading one of his deep and continuing needs, is good for him.”
? Maya Angelou
Author: Wandering River Public Library